What do our Governors do?
Our Governors play a vital role in bringing the views of the town to us. They also promote our role and activities in their own communities.
They represent us on internal Committees and Working Groups and also on external bodies and organisations. They are among the first to be consulted on issues of the day and on future initiatives.
To prepare for their role, Governors take part in an induction programme outlining their role and responsibilities, together with a briefing of our activities. Governors also participate in a rolling programme of training and briefing activities including: tours of our Charitable Services, themed workshops and dedicated discussions on key topics.
There are at least four meetings of Governors a year. One is the Annual General Meeting held March each year and 3 special general meetings spread throughout calender. The output of these meetings provides valuable feedback to the Board of Management and Leadership Team, assisting them in their deliberations and decisions.
Upcoming meeting dates are:
- 14 March 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 23 March 2017 (Special General Meeting)
- 11 April 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 9 May 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 13 June 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 15 June 2017 (Annual General Meeting)
- 11 July 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 12 September 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 21 September 2017 (Special General Meeting)
- 10 October 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 14 November 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 12 December 2017 (Board of Trustees)
- 14 December 2017 (Special General Meeting)
Governors also attend the Garden City Meeting. This is a public forum, open to anyone who lives or works in the Garden City to learn about our performance in the past year, plans for the future and to ask questions.
Minutes from previous Board of Trustee meetings can be found here.
Call or email Jas Kaur, Company Secretary on 01462 476002, firstname.lastname@example.org