What is Active Letchworth?
Active Letchworth is a partnership of local sports clubs, health organisations and community groups. We support them to maintain and progress their services which provide people with opportunities to be active around the town.
What do we do?
Active Letchworth engages with the community and local networks to inspire, empower and enable people to make healthy lifestyle choices that have a positive impact on their physical and mental wellbeing.
Having built a strong network not only across Letchworth but also Hertfordshire, Active Letchworth has become an extensive directory for knowledge and signposting of groups, clubs and individuals.
Active Letchworth in 2016
The below offers an insight into some of the activities we were involved in throughout 2016:
- This Girl Can in Herts, in partnership with Herts Sports Partnership
- Get back into (Outdoor Summer) Yoga, in partnership with Katie Lambert
- Supporting local events with activity signposting and Smoothie Bike activity at;
- Kinetics’ Letchworth Grand Prix Cycling Event
- Letchworth Festival
- The Business Improvement District’s Town Centre Takeover
- North Herts Road Runners’ Standalone 10K
- North Herts Road Runners’ Run Round the Garden
- Freedom Tri’s Duck and Dash
- Letchworth Junior School Year 5 Summer Transition Project, in partnership with Sports 121
- After School Tag Rugby, in partnership with Letchworth Rugby Club
- MOVE Week, in partnership with North Herts CVS
- Greenway Day, sponsored by Trisports, supported by Hertfordshire Public Health
- Wilbury Beginners Badminton Group, in partnership with Wilbury Community Forum
M: 07826 671384
T: 01462 476048