How To Apply
Step one: Completing your application form
Download the form (or call 01462 476057 for a printed copy) for the grants scheme you want to apply under and complete the form
Our simple form asks about:
- You or your club, its role, purpose and finances.
- Your organisation, how many members you have, and how many are Letchworth Garden City residents.
- Your project and its importance to you or your club and community.
- The event, its date, venue, how you will promote it and the number of people likely to benefit.
- Why you need a grant.
- The level of grant you would like us to consider.
- How the money will be spent including a breakdown of costs.
- Any equipment costs with quotations from at least two suppliers.
- How you propose to raise any remaining money needed, including details of fundraising activities and details of any other applications to grant making trusts, bodies or organisations.
Don’t forget, you cannot receive a grant if your project is either started or completed.
Step two: Sending your application form to us
Please send it to our Grants Team:
Electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. By hand or by post to:
Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation,
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY,
Just so long as it reaches us by the deadline.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application as soon as we receive it.
Step Three: Receiving the outcome of your application
You should be notified of the outcome of your application within seven working days of the Decision Date of the grants scheme you applied under.
Step Four: Paying your funds
If your application is successful, you will receive payment by electronic bank transfer. Under certain circumstances, we many send you a cheque for payment.
Please note, during our financial year (1st January - 31st December) groups can receive a maximum of £500 in the Club Together programme and Be the Best applicants can receive a maximum of £1,000.
In our General Grants and Be the Best grant programmes an applicant, either an individual or group, can have only one successful application in a single financial year.