How To Apply
Step one: Complete your application form
Download and complete the form electronically, in MS Word, here - or call 01462 476037 for a printed copy.
Our simple form asks about:
- Your project and its importance to you or your club and community.
- Why you need a grant.
- How the money will be spent including a breakdown of costs.
- How you propose to raise the rest of the money needed, including details of fundraising activities and details of any other applications to grant making trusts, bodies or organisations.
- You or your club, its role, purpose and finances.
- Your organisation, how many members you have, and how many are Letchworth Garden City residents.
- The event, its date, venue, how you will promote it and the number of people likely to benefit.
- Any equipment costs with quotations from at least two suppliers.
- The level of grant you would like us to consider.
Step two: Send your application form to us
Please send to Alastair Stewart, Head of Charitable Projects and Partnerships:
Either by email to: email@example.com
Or by post to:
Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation,
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY,
We will acknowledge receipt of your application, normally within five to seven working days.
Step Three: Receiving the outcome of your application
You should be notified of the outcome of your application within seven days after our ‘large grants’ or ‘small grants’ meeting. Click here to see our meeting dates.
Step Four: Collecting funds or re-applying
If your application is successful, you will receive payment by electronic bank transfer. We will send you a form for you to complete with your bank details so we can do this. Under certain circumstances, we many send you a cheque for payment.
Please note, you can only apply for one grant in any one financial year (1 October to 30 September) and therefore cannot re-apply until the next year.