Who Can Apply
Our grants are open to all Letchworth Garden City individuals, clubs, organisations (including the voluntary, not-for-profit and statutory sectors) and charities with a branch or office in the town.
If you are an organisation based outside Letchworth Garden City you may qualify if you can demonstrate there is a clearly identified need for your programme or activity.
We are unable to accept your application if:
- Your project or activity has already started before the committee considers your application;
- It includes VAT in the total amount requested;
- It is for political, religious or trade union organisations, other than projects for church halls that can demonstrate a wider community use, (i.e. they are already home to and available for hire by community groups outside the church’s organisation – or for elderly and retirement clubs;
- There is a benefit for individual schools. However, we welcome applications from education that are collaborative projects, targeted to benefit Pre-School, Primary, Secondary or Higher Education;
- You are a Higher Education Student. We provide an annual grant of £15,000 to Letchworth Civic Trust who supports first and final year students who are Letchworth residents. To get in touch with the Civic Trust visit their website or call 07785 104357.