Education and Learning
Supporting Learning in Letchworth Garden City
Our commitment to Education and Learning in Letchworth Garden City is incredibly diverse with all of the Heritage Foundation’s Charitable Services involved in supporting our community to learn new things.
Here are 10 highlights of our educational and learning activities in 2016:
- The Broadway Cinema took part in the national IntoFilm Festival, a free and annual celebration of film and education, enabling over 1,600 Letchworth Primary, Secondary, and home-schooled children to experience high quality films for free.
- Standalone Farm offered free visits to all Letchworth schools and Children’s Centres, supporting children to access new experiences that directly support their curriculum.
- Letchworth Primary Schools worked closely with LEARN IT following funding from our Board of Trustees to deliver in-school support to children needing help to develop their social and communication skills.
- The Community Museum supported the work of young artists, showcasing the work of Fearnhill, Highfield and St Christophers School in the annual Sixth Form Art Exhibition and the Recycled Fashion Show.
- We supported 12 local 14 to 18 year-olds with placements across our Charitable Services, giving students from Fearnhill, Highfield, Hitchin Boy’s School. Knight Templar and North Herts College meaningful work experience.
- Our partnership with North Herts College delivered an enterprise-led project at Standalone Farm with 20 students, studying Health and Social Care, and Childcare, developing new activities for our visitors.
- The International Garden Cities Exhibition hosted and facilitated Higher Education talks and tours advocating the Garden City movement to groups from as close to home as the University of Hertfordshire, and from as far away as China and Japan.
- The Garden City Collection had an active volunteering and collections access programme, showcasing the story of Letchworth Garden City in 200,000 objects.
- We worked with every Letchworth Primary School to support the implementation of the Marvellous Me App and also made a financial contribution to this very inspiring and successful initiative. .
- We have worked with Primary Schools and Herts for Learning to run Parent 2 Parent courses aimed at developing networks of parents in the schools.
Letchworth Learning Settings
If you provide learning activities that support children and young people and are based in Letchworth we may be able to help you. Email us for more information on our top ten or with an idea for an activity, or phone us on 01462 476007 and we will be back in touch.