Changing Your Commercial Property
To protect the original concepts of the Garden City, many commercial properties held Leasehold, contain management obligations (or covenants) in their deeds. These require consent for alterations materially affecting the appearance of the property.
These obligations, which are contained in the lease cover a number of areas, you should refer to your lease as to whether or not Landlord’s Consent is required for any proposed alterations you are planning.
Making Your Application
Our commercial managing agent, Rapleys, handles all these requests on our behalf.
In order to consider your application, they will require the following information:
- Your details including: name, address and contact telephone number plus your agent or advisor if you have one.
- A summary of the proposed works including a description of the proposed materials and colours.
- Two copies of the location plan.
- Two copies of the existing floor plans of the property and the proposed alterations.
- Two plans showing the existing and proposed elevations of the property at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100.
- A copy of your structural engineer’s report (if applicable).
- A copy of your tree surgeon’s report (if applicable).
- A cheque made payable to cover the application fee. They will confirm the correct fee once you have submitted full details of the proposal.
Please get in touch to discuss your proposal. Call Rapleys on 0870 777 6292 or email email@example.com