Changing Your Commercial Property
To protect the original concepts of the Garden City, many commercial properties, held Leasehold, contain management obligations (or covenants) in their deeds. These require our consent for alterations materially affecting the appearance of the property. These obligations, which are contained in the lease cover a number of areas, you should refer to your lease as to whether or not landlord’s consent is required for any proposed alterations you are planning.
Making An Application
In Letchworth Garden City many of the commercial properties are Leasehold. This means that prior to undertaking any alterations to your property you may require our written ‘Landlord’s Consent’ under the terms of your Lease.
If you are unsure as to whether formal written consent is required please contact Clare Valentine at the address below.
Making your application
You should apply direct to us, using the form available to download here.
In order to consider your application, we will require the following information:
- Your details including: name, address and contact telephone number,and your agent or advisor if you have one.
- A summary of the proposed works including a description of the proposed materials and colours.
- Two copies of the location plan.
- Two copies of the existing floor plans of the property and the proposed alterations.
- Two plans showing the existing and proposed elevations of the property at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100.
- A copy of your structural engineer’s report (if applicable).
- A copy of your tree surgeon’s report (if applicable).
- A cheque made payable to ‘Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation’ to cover the application fee. We will confirm the correct fee once you have submitted full details of the proposal.
All applications should be submitted to Clare Valentine, Commercial Property Surveyor, at the address below.
Please get in touch to discuss your proposal. Telephone Clare on 01462 476041 or e-mail at email@example.com
Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY
Your application fee
Over recent years, the number of applications we have received has steadily increased. Accordingly, all applications we receive are now subject to an application fee. All income generated through these charges will help to offset our administration costs and, moreover, be used to fund our grants to further improve the Garden City.
Application fee for Commercial Landlord’s Consent (all costs are plus VAT)
Small applications £175
Medium applications £290
Major applications £570
Plan Approval Notice £140
Retrospective applications for major works will be charged at 150% of the usual fee.
If your application for consent is refused, you will not be required to pay again for a revised application; as long as you submit the amended scheme within six months of our initial decision.