What’s it all about?
The scheme is open to all groups who are offering activities or services for our residents who are either retired, disadvantaged, vulnerable, elderly or have a disability. The grant of up to £500 is open to:
- Community groups.
- Registered charities.
- Elderly persons groups.
- Residents or Tenants Associations.
- Groups working with people with disabilities.
This grant could help fund:
- A celebratory event or social event such as a day trip. (A limit of up to £7.50 per person will be applied to celebratory meals.)
- The purchasing of equipment to help club group members.
- To support a fund raising event or host a talk.
- Training of staff and/or volunteers to help with activities or the running of the club.
- Resources, guest speakers or tutor costs as part of the recreational day-to-day activities of the group.
- The underwriting of an event in support of the group.
Our Grant Committee will consider the following when awarding these grants:
- The level of need for the activity or equipment to be funded.
- How well the grant will meet this need.
- Whether the costs are appropriate and realistic.
- The value for money in terms of enduring social impact.
- The contribution made by members of the group or external funders to support the outcomes of the application.
- All successful applicants will be expected to share with us how the grant has helped them using the monitoring form we send.
- We would also like to know how you promoted the event and what publicity you attained.