Our Heritage Grants programme has now finished for 2018. Please keep an eye on this page for more details on the 2019 programme.
Designed to enhance the view of the street scene from the public place, these grants are available for all homes within the Scheme of Management and across all Character Areas.
- Hardstanding removal – including the reinstatement of front gardens in accordance with an approved scheme.
- Reinstatement of trees (in accordance with an approved planting scheme).
- Re-rendering or painting of elevations visible from the public place, which do not presently conform with the original appearance.
- Doors, windows and garage doors visible from the public place replaced with original materials and detailing.
Heritage Character Area
The following grants are only available for homes in the Heritage Character Area.
- Roof tiles and thatching
To apply for a Heritage Grant, please complete an application form (these can be downloaded below). Printed copies of the form are also available from the Heritage Advisory Centre and Tourist Information Centre. To support your application and speed up the review process please include the following items with your application:
- Two quotations detailing the costs of the proposed works or just one quotation for grants under £500
- A photograph of your home identifying the changes you wish to be considered for a grant
- Details / specifications of the proposed works
Grants will only be considered for works which already have approval under the Scheme of Management, where required.
Grants will not be awarded for in progress or completed works and should be based on single specification and / or design for all quotes. Please note, works should not commence until a grant offer is received in writing.
To help explain our requirements when awarding grants, we've produced a summary which you can download below.