2020 is Hertfordshire's Year of Culture, which aims to showcase the county's creative and cultural opportunities.
The campaign also aims to:
- Celebrate, share and explore Letchworth’s arts, culture and heritage as part of the wider county.
- Enable access and participation in arts, culture and heritage for new audiences.
- Increase wellbeing and a sense of belonging through arts, culture and heritage.
- Showcase pathways to education, employability and enterprise in the creative and cultural industries in Hertfordshire.
- Create new partnerships and new work through skill sharing and new ways of working together.
The Heritage Foundation is delighted to support the Year of Culture as we too share these aims as outlined in our Strategic Plan.
We believe this initiative is the ideal chance to put the spotlight on Letchworth's thriving arts, culture and heritage scene. This includes many of our own venues and services: Broadway Cinema & Theatre, Broadway Studio & Gallery, Museum at One Garden City, The International Garden Cities Exhibition and The Garden City Collection, each with their own exciting annual programme of events and activities.
You can keep up to date with Hertfordshire 2020 Year of Culture by following (Facebook/Twitter), or follow the #HYOC2020 hashtag to see information from all partner organisations, including the Heritage Foundation. You can also find out more about everything happening during 2020 in our Garden City via Discover Letchworth.