We are currently searching for a Health & Safety Manager who will work as a senior member of the Property team and support the efficient stewardship and proactive management of our property assets and ensure the estate, along with our Farm, Cinema and other activities are maintained to a high standard. This will involve supporting the property team, our various venues managers, our Leadership Team and Board of Trustees.
Initially, this role will seek to implement a number of recommendations from our recent Health & Safety audit, with the guidance of our Health & Safety consultant. This will include implementing processes and systems to support Managers and Leadership Team.
We are looking for someone who has a NEBOSH diploma or equivalent, has detailed understanding and awareness of H&S Law and principles. Experience of Commercial Property compliance is required along with an enthusiasm to influence and drive positive change.
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV along with a supporting statement clearly outlining how your experience meets the skills and responsibilities outlined in the job description. Interviews will be carried out face to face (socially distanced) as this role will need to be carried out in our office and on-site.
- H&S Knowledge; understanding and awareness of H&S law, H&S principles, procedures & Commercial Property compliance experience.
- Contract specific knowledge; comprehending all contract H&S, deliverables and thereafter disseminating to those who need to know.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills; capable of persuading and convincing others if necessary, to achieve desired outputs where required.
- Leadership experience; track record of leading, motivating and managing people. Solid experience in a similar Health, Safety and Environmental advisor/ coordinator/ officer role.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) minimum.
- Chartered IOSH minimum.
- Collate record and allocate H&S deliverables: Establish and clearly define all H&S deliverables. Ensure they are sufficiently communicated to all relevant stakeholders. Ensure management team and employees are fully conversant with their accountabilities and responsibilities under health and safety legislation, internal policies and procedures and contractual requirements. Monitor and support Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation management team in the delivery of health and safety standards.
- Monitor and seek to continually improve H&S performance: Establish and clearly define an appropriate H&S performance monitoring system, including associated service delivery and contract management meetings and reports. Ensure relevant statistics are produced and communicated in a timely manner and that associated trends are monitored analysed and acted upon where necessary; particularly regarding Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation’s outsourced managing agents and service providers.
- H&S Governance: Establish and implement appropriate H&S governance, reporting and management arrangements attending Board meetings and Committees as required.
- Audit Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation’s outsourced H&S providers: Establish and clearly define an appropriate H&S audit regime to confirm compliance against contractual delivery requirements for legislative, FM and project work compliance by third party providers. This will include management, monitoring and reporting of their performance.
- Instigate corrective action when and where appropriate: Establish and clearly define an appropriate H&S corrective action regime; particularly in regard to service provision. Take appropriate action in a timely manner to remedy any failures in service delivery.
- Maintain a structured training and professional development programme: Establish and ensure that all training requirements for all team members are produced and met.