We're looking for individuals to join our Risk and Internal Audit Committee and provide us with further support. This Committee reports to the Board, and helps us manage risk and keeps us working efficiently. This is a role that could be part of a path to Board level membership with us, or outside of the Foundation.
The role of the Risk and Internal Audit Committee (R&IAC) is to look at the effectiveness of the Foundation’s risk control framework and to help the Trustees and managers identify and assess risks to the Foundation, essential if we can deliver our charitable objectives.
R&IAC should provide independent oversight of how the Foundation manages and monitor risk and effectiveness of its internal controls.
- supervision of and tasking auditors
- completeness of the Corporate Risk Register and effectiveness of risk management
- arrangements to safeguard the Foundation’s assets
- arrangements to prevent fraud or error
Please note, that this role is out of pocket expenses paid only.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience, or, as a minimum, an understanding of:
- the role of an ‘audit committee’ in context of an overall governance framework
- the importance of effective risk management, financial reporting and proportionate internal controls
- monitoring compliance on key service areas, in a regulated environment
- undertaking “golden thread” deep dives whilst maintaining an overview of the Foundation’s potential weak points
- contributing to the strategic direction of a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders
Candidates will need the time and energy required to undertake the role, e.g. including preparing for meetings, attending 4, 2-hour Committee meetings per year, and keeping up-to-date with relevant good practice by reading and attending or undertaking on-line briefing/training sessions as required.
To support individuals with busy schedules meetings will be predominantly via Microsoft Teams.