We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join us in a new role of Senior Finance Business Partner, working 21 hours a week.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, the role of Senior Finance Business Partner will act as a crucial link between our finance team and other parts of the organisation. If appointed, you will help to drive improvements in our financial and operating performance and overall financial understanding across the organisation.
|Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA, ACA)||X|
|Recognised line management/leadership qualification||X|
|Willingness to undertake further training to support needs of the role||
|Skills and Experience|
|Extensive hands on experience of preparing monthly management accounts and forecasts||X|
|Experience of leading end-to-end budget setting process (planning through to reporting)||X|
|Strong IT skills, including Excel||X|
|Experience of motivating and developing employees||X|
|Experience of improving financial management skills of customers/budget holders||X|
|Ability to manage external suppliers to contract||X|
|Strong influencing skills||X|
|Experience of using financial appraisals/modelling techniques to support decision making (NPV, IRR, Payback, ROCE)||X|
|Working knowledge of tax regime for UK charities/exempt charities (e.g. knoweldge of VAT, Corp Tax, Gift Aid)||X|
|Able to quickly gain the respect of non-financial managers||X|
|Good communications (verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills||X|
|Able to effectively challenge and influence business decisions||X|
|Strong analytical skills and sound judgement||X|
|Self-starter with proven track record of delivering improvement||X|
|Strong team player and delivery orientated||X|
Liaising with both financial and non-financial employees, the successful candidate will ensure the analysis, interpretation and presentation of data and information is meaningful and adds value. The post holder will act as a catalyst for financial monitoring and coordinate medium term forecasting, including future opportunities and/or risks for the organisation. With this in mind, the ability to think creativity and apply sound judgement is essential.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role and will be able to demonstrate an ability to influence, drive service improvements and generate decision-relevant information. You must have a high level of personal integrity, the ability to build professional relationships at all levels and experience of motivating and developing employees.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Promote and uphold responsibility for delivering an all-encompassing, customer focused service.
- Ensure the Assistant Business Accountant has clear objectives, mutually agreed targets and that they are supported via effective leadership and regular 1-1 performance reviews.
- Provide decision-relevant information, support and appropriate challenge to customers across the organisation.
- Generate forward-looking information in order to influence decisions, highlight risks and ultimately improve operational and financial performance.
- Manage the delivery of the IT outsourcing contract.
- Take specific responsibility for all aspects of business accounting, including:
- Lead the production of monthly management accounts to deadline and (where appropriate) in accordance with the Charity SORP.
- Work with the wider Finance team to validate and interpret the management accounts prior to a monthly review with the Executive Director of Finance.
- Undertake variance analysis (only where beneficial) and prepare KPI’s, detailing performance and outlook.
- Work with diplomacy to recommend improvements to financial and operational performance.
- Engage with customers to generate financial forecasts (year-end outturns and a separate 3 year forecast), together with supporting commentaries.
- Present financial and other information at team briefs, customer workshops and other groups as required.
- Coordinate and deliver the (end to end) annual budget setting process.
- Maintain a comprehensive file for all procedure guidelines in order to maintain service levels.
- Co-ordinate balance sheet account reconciliations for the whole department, ensuring balances are evidenced / substantiated.
- Maintain and develop effective internal financial controls, processes and procedures ensuring adherence within the Group. For example, take the lead role for educating and supporting customers with the process for purchasing goods / services.
- Work with the Executive Director of Finance and the Finance Manager to prepare the year end statutory accounts and associated notes.
- Work interchangeable with the Finance Manager in line with the needs of the organisation (e.g. to uphold service levels).
- Liaise and support the work of external auditors by preparing working papers / explanations as required.
- Evidence and uphold the principles VFM, excellent customer service, continuous improvement, equality & diversity and health & safety.
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time (in keeping with the nature and scale of the post).