Visitor Services Supervisor
Salary: £20,910.00 for 35 hours per week
We're looking for a Visitor Services Supervisor to come and help us deliver excellent service to visitors coming to our award-winning cinema and theatre.
We are seeking confident self-starters with excellent communication skills to clearly set team priorities and tasks. You will demonstrate a personal commitment to team working and encourage it in others, showing trust in your team to do a good job. Working on the front-line in our busy venue you will constructively manage the expectations of customers, team members and service users. You will play a key role in motivating your team members to achieve customer and service excellence and be skilled at managing performance, having difficult conversations when needed and giving regular and honest feedback.
If you are looking for a role that will provide great future career development then we would love to hear from you
- Experience of supervising and motivating staff
- Excellent communication skills
- General health and safety knowledge
- Understanding of manual handling principles
- Holds or capable of achieving a First Aid at Work Certificate (desirable)
- To supervise, support and develop staff team in the Visitor Services Team, ensuring that the venue is appropriately staffed and that the highest standards of customer services are maintained.
- Working with the management team in setting goals for performance and deadlines in line with the company’s competencies and strategic vision and communicate them to team.
- Contribute to organising events planning and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks to including volunteer support and engagement.
- Monitor staff productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Receive complaints and resolve problems and update managers accordingly
- Maintain timekeeping and absence records in line with agreed procedures
- To cascade internal management information to employees through team meetings or one to ones.
- Prepare and submit performance reports relating to the venue as agreed in advance.
- Be part of the recruitment planning of new team members and actively engage in the training of new employees
- Actively encourage new ideas and teamwork in order to promote our customer experience and engage staff in contributing a voice to such discussions
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to help them reach their full potential
- Feedback issues to the management team to resolve issues quickly and help with continuous improvement of the venue management.
- To ensure the daily and weekly activities are carried out as per the venue requirements.
- To maintain equipment with preventative maintenance as required and to remedy possible breakdown times and to follow the training guidelines that have been supplied.
- Ensure all employees are performing in accordance with the required standards of the business, company’s competencies and Values and Behaviours.
- In the event of an emergency, assist with the evacuation of the customers in accordance with the with venue emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provide first aid as required and report any Health & Safety concerns to the Broadway Duty Manager and/or Broadway & Venues Manager.
- Work in line with corporate policies and procedures to ensure that all matters relating to health & safety are adhered to, promoted and reviewed as necessary.
- Ensure all visiting event performers and education groups have a positive experience and operate within health and safety guidelines.
- Carry out effective cash handling (including Reconciliation) in line with opening and closing procedures.
- Undertake responsibilities for the opening and closing of the venue in line with agreed procedures.