Love art? Passionate about local history? People person? We’re looking for volunteers to help look after our heritage sites, like the Broadway Gallery and micro Museum, and give a warm welcome to visitors.
As a Front of House Volunteer, you’ll be key to the day to day running of our heritage sites, like the Broadway Gallery and micro Museum. You’ll be the friendly face that visitors see when they go in the door, you’ll give expert information about exhibitions when visitors have questions (we’ll provide you with the information, don’t worry) and you’ll make sure the sites are kept safe and are a place for everyone to enjoy.
You’ll be helping local people and visitors to engage with art, culture and local history. Experiencing art and culture is a key part of wellbeing and at the heritage foundation, we’re passionate about helping people in Letchworth to access art, history and culture.
What you will be doing:
- Welcoming visitors and answering any questions about exhibitions
- Looking after the artwork and exhibition pieces
- Ensuring the safety of visitors and in the event of a fire, safely evacuating the space
- Helping to set up for events like private views and gallery hires
- Helping with opening and closing
- Friendly, polite, good with people
- Passionate about art, culture and history
- Happy to complete the necessary training
- Able to follow health and safety procedures