Do you have a couple of hours to spare and want to help to reduce loneliness and isolation in Letchworth? For only a couple of hours a week, you can make a difference in the lives of people in your local community.
The impact you’ll have
As an assistant on one of our lovely community minibuses, you will be playing a crucial role in enabling local residents to attend social clubs and social activities. This role will give you the opportunity to get out and about in Letchworth, meet new people and see first-hand the amazing work local clubs do to support residents' health and well-being and connect with others in their community.
What you will be doing
- Assisting a Minibus Driver Volunteer with picking up residents from their homes and taking them to organised groups
- Assisting a Minibus Driver Volunteer with picking up residents from organised groups and taking them home
- Proactively suggesting ways in which we can improve the support that is being offered by the team
What’s in it for you
- Meeting new and interesting people
- Supporting local clubs and organisations provide their invaluable activities and services
- Seeing the difference, you are making in people's lives
- Having a flexible volunteer role, you can fit around your schedule
- Being part of a team
- Being part of making Letchworth a great place to live
- Friendly, polite, good with people
- Interested in helping others