Results of the first committee meeting of 2021 following the introduction of the new grant programme; Communities Looking Forward.
This new programme focuses on helping local sports clubs, community groups and charities rebuild after the fallout from COVID-19. The stream offers groups up to £10,000 (unless there are exceptional circumstances) and works collaboratively with the recipients.
- £1,000 granted to Friends of Norton Common for a space to store their tools for litter picking.
- £2,250 to Kings Community Church to help them purchase a portacabin run a food parcel packaging service.
- £15,000 agreed for Letchworth Corner Sports Club for reroofing. This group has been raising the funds to repair their building but came up short. The decision was made that this was exceptional circumstances and would help this space be able to make money in the long term.
- Letchworth Swimming Club needed just £2,678 to help train young tutors in their junior leaders club.
- Granting Herts MS Therapy Centre £7,000 for an oxygen therapy centre.
- £680 granted to North Herts Bowls Club for outdoor shelters so they can play again as soon as possible.
- £300 granted to Transition Town Letchworth for a high-quality cycle trailer for an environmental pilot project.
The awards of grants from the foundation for this year so far is £41,908 to 9 groups, organisations and individuals.
The next committee meeting is scheduled for May 14 2021.