This page is designed to keep the community up-to-date with developments regarding the progress of North Herts District Council’s Local Plan.
It is a process the Heritage Foundation is a part of, due to the inclusion in the Local Plan of a site north of Letchworth, which is a part of our estate.
Since 2012 the we have been working closely with the Council and the community to ensure decisions being made are open and transparent and take in to account the views of the town.
A timeline of events for this process can be found here.
North Herts District Council has submitted the Plan to the Secretary of State and an Inspector, Simon Berkley, has been appointed.
The Public Examination, where the Inspector will consider all the relevant planning matters, is scheduled to run from the 13 November to 1 March.
Further information on the Public Examination along with statements, including those made by the Heritage Foundation, and dates can be viewed here.
The Inspector will now consider if the Plan meets the legal and procedural requirements of the relevant legislation and if it accords with national planning policy.
After the Public Examination he will write a report setting out his conclusions as to whether the Plan is sound or not.
As well as attending relevant sessions of the Examination, we will be doing the following:
- With our commitment to make use of brown field sites, we will begin the planning of those identified in the Local Plan with a goal that ,where it is possible, these sites are brought forward for development.
Looking at the development of land to the north of Letchworth Garden City we will:
- Identify key issues including highways, transport and access and start to review these matters in more detail.
- In line with our values and principles we will the process of finding an appropriate partner to help bring forward this development, should it become adopted policy.
- Develop a communications plan, so that at the right time we can engage with the local community and town as a whole regarding the development of this land.
- Work with stakeholders, such as the District and County Councils regarding the key components of the development of this site.
You can view our representations made as part of the Local Plan process by clicking on the button.