Join us in a key role in determining the artistic and creative development of the Broadway Cinema and Theatre in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire.
We are seeking an experienced Creative Programmer who will bring artistic and entrepreneurial skills to our team. The successful applicant will have a track record in developing and implementing dynamic theatre programmes and will offer a holistic approach that extends to film and event cinema programming and to developing outreach opportunities within our other venues and building external partnerships to raise our profile and funding opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role and experience of programming a regional theatre.
- Extensive knowledge of the performing arts sector and experience of working in a receiving theatre
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Membership of a recognised professional body within the arts.
The Creative Programmer will work closely with the Broadway & Venues Manager, Technical Manager and Broadway Support Executive, as well as with our Communications and Marketing experts. An important part of the role will be to foster relations with promoters, agents, companies, artists and to develop partnerships with other arts and cultural enterprises.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare, implement and periodically review the Theatre’s Artistic Strategy providing professional expertise to support the Broadway & Venues Manager
- Develop and manage the delivery of a performing arts programme for the Broadway Theatre space that provides an exciting and high quality diverse theatre offer to meet our local and regional audience targets.
- Develop and manage strong local, regional and national partnerships to support this mixed programme of performing arts that balances local interest, cultural value and commerciality.
- Manage artistic budgets for the Theatre. Develop and manage budgets for occasional external events.
- Work effectively with agents, promoters, performing arts companies, touring companies, technicians and arts marketing companies.
- Take responsibility for negotiating and finalising all performer contracts, supporting the Broadway Support Executive to ensure a seamless service
- Design and deliver a high quality programme of work within the venues which incorporate opportunities and activities that engage with the wider local community.
- Work closely with the Broadway & Venues Manager, Broadway Duty Managers, Marketing Manager, Technical Manager and team to ensure arts events are produced and marketed effectively and on budget.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the Venues Team to ensure that the operational management of the venues provides a first class audience experience.
- Work closely with the Head of Communications & Engagement and the wider team to develop an Audience Development Strategy and appropriate marketing activities to support the theatre.
- Ensure a joined-up programming approach for the Broadway liaising with our film booking team ‘Picture House’ on the scheduling for Cinema and Live Event streaming.