Visitor Services Team Member
Salary: £14,414.00 for 30 hours per week
We are recruiting – Visitor Services Team Member (30 hours per week).
To ensure every Broadway Cinema & Theatre visitor has an exceptional visit we need an exceptional Visitor Services Team.
We are seeking to add to our team with key individuals who can provide the highest level of customer service and support to our varied audiences.
You will work as part of a multifunctional team to enhance the cinema and theatre experience of all the Broadway customers. Your duties will include but are not limited to; ticket sales, cleaning, liaising with customers, serving food and drink and providing support to supervisors and managers as required.
The role is fast paced and challenging, working in the iconic Broadway building first opened in 1936. We have an exciting programme of films, event cinema and theatre planned for 2019. Come and be part of it!
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE
Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Excellent communication and customer engagement skills
- Good team player yet able to use own initiative
- Focussed on delivering a high quality service and able to spot improvements to maximise income and improve the customer experience
Currently holds or has the ability to achieve quickly
- IOSH or equivalent H & S qualification.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Manual Handling Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Trained in the use of Evac chairs.
- Responsible alcohol awareness trained
- To be the public face of the Broadway Cinema & Theatre, providing visitors with exceptional levels of customer service to maximise their enjoyment from their visit, problem solving any difficulties or issues that arise in line with policy, procedures and management support and at all times maintaining a professional image
- Take pride in the Venue, proactively ensuring that all public spaces are clean, tidy and safe for customers and staff and recording and reporting lost property and damage to premises and following other location procedures as necessary.
- Implement the Foundation’s policies and procedures
- Working with and supporting the Duty Manager, Technical Manager and Theatre Programmer team on the smooth operation of all events and live performances that take place. Ensure that you are fully briefed on your roles and responsibilities by fully engaging in team and individual briefings.
- In the event of an emergency assist with evacuations of customers in accordance with the Venue’s policy and procedures.
- To follow policies and procedures in relation to the handling and serving of food at the Venue
- To report any health and safety concerns to the Duty Manager.
- To provide support to the Duty Manager to ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Respond effectively and promptly to all visitor enquiries and information requests, maximising the customer experience by demonstrating good customer service.
- Be an efficient user of the EPOS system selling tickets, concession, products and services to our visitors and maximising profits through good customer service.
- Opportunity to assist the team with improving the food offer and private hires
- Comply with all legislation relating to alcohol sales and security of licensed products.
- Actively encourage new ideas and support teamwork in order to promote our customer experience and contribute a voice to continuous improvement discussions
- Deliver all daily performances with first class hospitality and service.
- Liaise with the manager at the venue to be fully briefed for upcoming rotas.
- Refer to the venue locations procedures for full list of daily duties