We are currently searching for a Health & Safety Manager to take the leading role in ensuring our legal compliance. This will involve supporting our various venues, property portfolio and our Leadership Team and Board of Trustees.
Initially this role will seek to implement a number of recommendations from our recent Health & Safety audit, with the guidance of our Health & Safety consultant. This will include implementing processes and systems to support Managers and Leadership Team.
We are looking for someone who has experience in a similar role, NEBOSH certificate and enthusiasm to make positive change.
- H&S Knowledge; understanding and awareness of H&S law, H&S principles, procedures & Commercial Property experience.
- Contract specific knowledge; comprehending all contract H&S, deliverables and thereafter disseminating to those who need to know.
- Strong communication skills; in order to maximise time management efficiency
- Excellent negotiation skills; capable of persuading and convincing others if necessary to achieve desired outputs where required.
- Leadership experience; track record of leading, motivating and managing. 2 years + experience in a similar Health, Safety and Environmental advisor/ coordinator/ officer role.
- NEBOSH Certificate minimum (working towards Diploma or equivalent)
- Tech IOSH minimum (preferred Chartered or working towards)
To ensure that Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation is compliant with Health & Safety legislation and best practice. Create effective Key Performance Indicators, which are supported by robust evidence and data management systems.
Management of Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation’s health and safety audit activity including recommending a strategy for audit, conducting audits (both internal and external)