Supporting Community Places is aimed at funding charitable organisations that are working to improve the lives of people who live in Letchworth and make Letchworth a great place to be. Grants in this programme aim to support groups occupying and using community sports facilities and buildings to carry out improvements that will continue to provide high quality facilities for their members and visitors.
The maximum amount any group can apply for in any given financial year is £25,000. Multi-year awards will be considered as an exception and only awarded providing there is a business plan and it is demonstrated that the funding will have a significant impact. We encourage projects that can clearly demonstrate the benefits of the funding and will make a real difference to those involved.
As we receive applications from a wide range of charitable organisations and community groups for a variety of projects, it is important to us that your application can demonstrate:
- It will be addressing a clearly defined need that your group can evidence either through local data or evidence generated through your experience of working in this area.
- The outcomes that you feel will be achieved by funding the application and how you plan to measure these outcomes and evaluate the project.
- How the project, programme or activity represents very good value for money either in terms of the:
- Social capital it will provide such as increased membership, improved experience for members, opportunities for the creation of new groups, increased income
- A sound business plan showing future savings made by undertaking work or how the work can provide opportunities to increase income
- The funding requested from us as a percentage of the total project cost.
- You have sought additional funding, sponsorship or in-kind support especially for larger grant applications and can demonstrate sustainability of the building or community space beyond the funded period.
- Where appropriate that you have considered potential partnership working with other local groups seeking to achieve similar goals
- It will encourage a sense of belonging amongst those directly and indirectly benefitting from the grant which will contribute towards a more vibrant community
We welcome applications from the following groups providing they either own or lease the building or community space the funding will enhance:
- Groups registered with the Charity Commission
- Community Groups
- Voluntary Organisations
- Resident or Tenant Associations
- Community Interest Companies
- Housing Associations operating in Letchworth
We will not fund:
- Direct core costs such as staff salaries in support of the regular activity of the group unless exceptional circumstances are demonstrated to support successful and sustainable outcomes
- Individuals or causes that will benefit only one person, including student grants or bursaries
- General and round-robin appeals
- With the exception of church halls, we will not fund buildings associated with religious or political groups.
- Replacement or subsidy of statutory funding, or for work we consider should be funded by government, such as residential housing provision, individual schools, nurseries and colleges, or a combination of any of these
- Organisations seeking to distribute grants or funds to others
- Medical research or treatment, including drug and alcohol rehabilitation services covered by statutory services or local commissioning
- Animal welfare, zoos, captive breeding and animal rescue centres
- Retrospective funding, meaning support for work that has already taken place
- Work that is not legally charitable
|Application Deadline||Application Considered|
|Round 1||February 16||March 15|
|Round 2||June 22||July 12|
|Round 3||October 19||November 15|