Supporting Recreation and Leisure is aimed at funding charitable organisations that are working to improve the lives of people who live in Letchworth and make Letchworth a great place to be. Supporting Recreation and Leisure aims to encourage the creation of opportunities for residents of all ages to become involved in their community through participation in high quality, fun and enjoyable, recreation and leisure activities. We encourage projects that are creative, innovative and dynamic, bringing people together, making a real difference to those involved and having true impact.
The maximum amount any group can apply for in any given financial year is £25,000. Multi-year awards will be considered as an exception and only awarded providing there is a business plan and it can be demonstrated their will be a significant impact on those participating.
It is important to us that your application can demonstrate:
- It will be addressing a clearly defined need that your group can evidence either through local data or evidence of local need generated through experience of working in this area.
The outcomes that you feel will be achieved by funding the application and how you plan to measure these outcomes and evaluate the project.
- How the project, programme or activity represents very good value for money either in terms of the:
- Social capital it will provide such as increased bringing people together, creating social opportunities, using recreation and leisure to build or learn new skills, grows volunteering; build links across communities
- Approach that will used to provide services associated with the application across the period of the grant;
- The funding requested from us as a percentage of the total project cost.
- Core costs are being funded to innovate change or develop a new service or opportunity for Letchworth residents.
- You have sought additional funding, sponsorship or in-kind support especially for larger grant applications to demonstrate sustainability of the activity beyond the funded period.
- Where appropriate that you have considered potential partnership working with other local groups seeking to achieve similar goals
- It will encourage a sense of belonging amongst those directly and indirectly benefitting from the grant which will contribute towards a more vibrant community.
- The strategy the group will develop across the course of the grant to be able to continue providing this activity or service at the end of the term of the grant
We welcome applications from:
- Groups registered with the Charity Commission
- Community Groups
- Voluntary Organisations
- Resident or Tenant Associations
- Community Interest Companies
- Housing Associations operating in Letchworth
We will not fund:
- Direct core costs such as staff salaries in support of the regular activity of the group unless exceptional circumstances are demonstrated to support successful and sustainable outcomes
- Activities taking place outside Letchworth Garden City
- Individuals or causes that will benefit only one person, including student grants or bursaries
- General and round-robin appeals
- Religious or political activities or associated buildings
- Replacement or subsidy of statutory funding, or for work we consider should be funded by government, such as residential and day care, housing provision, individual schools, nurseries and colleges, or a combination of any of these
- Individual campaigns
- Organisations seeking to distribute grants or funds to others
- One-off events, such as conferences, seminars, galas, or summer schools
- Medical research or treatment, including drug and alcohol rehabilitation services covered by statutory services or local commissioning
- Animal welfare, zoos, captive breeding and animal rescue centres
- Retrospective funding, meaning support for work that has already taken place
- Work that is not legally charitable
|Application Deadline||Application Considered|
|Round 1||February 28||March 27|
|Round 2||July 3||July 31|
|Round 3||September 25||October 23|